Saturday 11 February 2012

Jersey dress - Brighton swapathon

Right. Last week (or was it the week before?) I went to Brighton and met up with some lovely ladies for a fabric/pattern swap.

It was a great day spent with a great bunch of fabulously creative ladies and I even managed to stick to my plan of not buying any new stuff. Which made the lovely things that I received in the swap seem even lovelier!




Two types of jersey fabric courtesy of Claire and a fabulous pattern for a wrap jersey dress from Stevie (can you see where this is going?) along with some ribbon from Camilla and a gorgeous little pouch filled with buttons, zips and bias binding.

I have surprised myself by actually washing both jersey fabrics so that today I can start cutting out the pattern and fabric!

I'll be starting with the dark blue fabric and make the shorter version of the dress and once that is done, will try it with the lighter coloured one.









Wish me luck!

Happy weekend everyone xxx

2 comments:

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

I hope the dresses go well! :)

Ally said...

Thanks Claire,

Fabric is cut out in the dark version - pinning together and seeing how it fits next... eeek!